Gardener / Plants Person Ayrlies
Full Time – Auckland
- To join a talented and passionate team, both at Ayrlies and the greater Bark team.
- To work at Ayrlies Garden; an internationally recognized garden, renowned for its artistic plant combinations and design.
- To develop ones plant knowledge and garden artist abilities
- A huge opportunity to learn, the level of plant detailing, combinations and seasonal planting at Ayrlies, combined with sustainable soil and environmental management; presents an exciting opportunity to take your skills to the next level.
Who Should Apply;
- Anyone with good all round horticultural and gardening skills; that has dreamed of working at an amazing garden estate.
- People who are keen to take their skills to the next level
- Those who enjoy working with a passionate team
You will be;
- Easy to get along with.
- Have a confident, professional attitude and excellent communication skills.
- A passionate plants person, with sound knowledge of plants including identification; cultivation and plant combinations.
- An all-rounder with a board skills base covering horticultural and garden management.
- A self-starter, someone who strives for improvement and takes pride in their work.
- Physically strong and fit, Ayrlies is a big garden.
The Key Objectives;
- Demonstrate a level of trade craft and passion for plants and high level garden management
- Deliver efficient work practices; ensuring tasks are completed to a high level, in a time efficient manner.
- Consistently present Ayrlies to the highest possible standard year round.
Trade skills you have, or desire to gain;
- Proven horticultural and gardening expertise, trade certificate and/or 3+ years professional gardening experience.
- Sound plant knowledge, including plant identification, husbandry and proportion.
- A good understanding of soil management and environmentally balanced practices.
- Grounds management experience, including turf care and infrastructure; irrigation, pools, ponds paths and driveway maintenance
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.